Learn @ Picots Farm Woolshed
Offering a mix of workshops and fields days to quench our thirst for knowledge, desire to share and uplift others- whether it be for -personal wellbeing, passions, past-time hobbies or prosperity.
Workshops at the Woolshed
Thursday 18th & Friday 19th February 2021: 9am- 4pm
The Business of a Regenerative Farm
Mark Gardner from Vanguard Business Services Dubbo for this enlightening 2 Day workshop- Mark will share his experience with what the critical factors are that need to be considered and managed to create & operate a Regenerative Farm Business. Some of the questions and aspects to consider-
- Basics of improving land capacity/ conditions?
- Cost of Production for each enterprise- what costs are included and what aren’t? Can we operate in advance, not in arrears?
- The Marginal reaction of paying down debt with investments/ or cash flow/ other income?
- What is a reasonable profit? How much is enough? What is the bare minimum- How do we stay in business longterm?
- Drought fund- % of earnings/ GST refunds/ other strategies- What is the drought plan/ policy?
- Future planning- retirement & succession- so the property is not your retirement plan and your will is not the succession plan
- How much do we reinvest in the ag business- a % from each transaction?
- How much is invested elsewhere- off-farm/ invested/ social enterprises/ regen initiatives. (Good Circular economy investments? )
Register your interest with any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
$440/person ( Inc GST) , $700/ couple (Inc GST) (Couples Encouraged) Maximum 14 people.
Stay Locally and enjoy Local Food
Mark is owner/director of Vanguard Business Services in Dubbo & Registered Educator with Savory Institute for over 25 years. Marks firm works with some 200 family farm businesses, covering
- strategic business development,
- family meetings, succession planning
- land & livestock enterprise management
Vanguard’s work has a strong Regenerative focus & is based on the principles of Allan Savory’s Holistic Management. Vanguard has won several Regional Business Awards.
saturday – 20th February 2021- 9:30am- 1:30pm
Join us for a morning to do our annual Biological Monitoring where we check the function of our land. We will discuss how the management tools and the way we use these tools enables the land to thrive.
Stay on for lunch- graze from the local flavours board.
$44/person ( inc GST) includes Lunch/Refreshments
Sunday- March 21st 2021 9am to 4pm
Upcycling Masterclass – Breath new life into old clothes with Author & Creator- Jane Milburn
Come along with existing clothing you want to repair, refashion or restyle, using simple sewing skills with Jane’s guidance. Slow Clothing manifests itself through 10 simple approaches – think, natural, quality, local, care, few, make, revive, adapt and salvage.
Includes Refreshments & Grazing of Local Flavours.
$110/person (Inc GST) Max 10 people
10th & 11th April 2021
Watercolours with Annette Raff.
Join us for a 2 day Watercolour tutorial with Annette. A lovely opportunity to immerse yourself in our bush setting and take home your very own watercolour painting. Materials required will be provided on registration. Southern Downs local food will be included in the catering. Contact us if you would like to stay on the farm.